Tuesday, October 16, 2012

At the push of a button . . . .

I'm a huge fan of the book  'The Passage' -- and, I've waited patiently for the 2nd book in this series - I needed to know the rest of the story - to find out 'what happened'.   Because the first book left you gasping for breath and hanging on a thread.

This morning (the day it was released), I pushed a button and through the magic of technology -- 'The Twelve' is mine.  No driving to my local Barnes & Noble and standing in line - no pre-ordering and waiting for the package to arrive. In a instant, I downloaded my own copy, and today on my lunch hour, I'll open the leather case of my Kindle to read and savor each and every word. 


And for those of you who say that reading from a e-Reader is just not the same as reading a 'real' book' - all I can say is the written word will always be the same - the delivery or format may change - but the words still have the power to engage and entertain us.  And, isn't that really matters in the end ?

(Thank you Kyle, Jessika, Joe & Laney for this gift of  magic in the form of an e-Reader this past Christmas - one of the best gifts I've ever received.  It's truly the gift that keeps on giving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment