Monday, August 15, 2011

Random: heat wave, stash enhancement, baby gifts & clean slate


Temp inside my vehicle last Monday after work --
beyond simply hot -- this was entering the realm of
'I'll never wish for summer in the middle of a snowstorm again' -- 
keep forgetting that Mother Nature has a wicked sense of humor.






















I seem to be collecting more fabric ::    FQ 'girly' prints for Laney's quilt (it needed more blue & a splash of bright pink), 1 yard of letter print for tote bags (teacher gifts ?), and 3 super-cool basketball prints for Joe's quilt. 


























Finished a small 'stroller blankie' for a baby girl due this month -- then decided she needed a large receiving blanket and a soft organic cotton washcloth too.  Now I just need to pick up some baby bath things to go with the washcloth and this gift will be ready for baby. 
Cleaned off my sewing table last night by working my way through the mending pile and tackling a couple of small projects.  Feels good to have a clean slate (maybe I should start another quilt ??)

No comments:

Post a Comment