Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Turning 62

I had a birthday over the weekend - didn't know how I would feel about turning 62 - but, decided to just roll with it. 
My day started with breakfast out with my hubby. Breakfast is my very favorite meal in a restaurant -- maybe that's the reason I like places like IHOP and Denny's?!  As soon as we finished breakfast, it was onto our grandson’s last basketball game.  Just look at those boys hustling !   That's Joe in the black headband - Go Joe - Go !!


After the game, there was lunch with Joe, Laney and their parents -- while we waited on our food, my favorite 4 yr old and I did some serious coloring.  Our meal was followed by a warm chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream for dessert – so much better than cake & candles!! 

After lunch, it was time to run errands, with me riding 'shotgun' -- there were stops at the market for fresh fruit/veggies and also a stop at the local yarn shop for some 'fiber therapy'.   At this point, a nap was needed by the hubby so we headed home.  That evening it was take out pizza and a movie (The Ides of March - we both gave it a 'thumbs up').   Thanks to my family, turning 62 was so much fun --now I'm really looking forward to 63!   

No comments:

Post a Comment