Friday, September 16, 2011

Sunday Baking

Late Sunday afternoon - the mixing bowl, loaf pans and cookies sheets drying on my kitchen counter. 
I spent most of the day baking --  4 loaves of Cream Cheese Banana Bread and a double batch of Snickerdoodles.   

Note:  The baking was also my attempt to stay away from the television and the constant coverage of the 10th anniversary of 9-11-01.  All the remembering and rehashing was wearing me down and I needed to get away from those sights & sounds.  My family wasn't directly affected by what happened -- and I can't even imagine the feelings of the families who lost loved ones on that awful day.  As I measured and stirred and baked -- my thoughts & prayers were directed to those families. May they have comfort in their memories of their life before -- and the courage to make new memories in here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment