Friday, June 1, 2012

Battles, Birds, & Ballerinas

Joe and I scored big on a Saturday garage sale run:  lots and lots of Lincoln Logs.  Which, of course, led to the purchase of tiny Cowboys, Indians & Pirates for an epic battle at MoMo/Papa Bill's house. So worth the $2 price tag.




I've always wanted a bird bath for our backyard - but, the really nice ones are very dear. After a little internet search, I bought a large clay planter saucer, sprayed it with a couple of coats of  clear spray paint -- our neighborhood birds have a little 'splash park'.   It took them almost a week to get used to this new addition to the back patio - but, now it's in full use.  I like to think they know the value of a dollar and appreciate my thrifty effort -- or maybe they just like my terra-cotta chicken!





A tired little ballerina, after her first performance as one of a troup of mice in the ballet 'Peter Pan'.  She had an entire row of family cheering her on and we all agreed she was excellent (and so cute in ruffles, velvet, & tail). 



Yes, May has been a busy month - can't wait to see what June has to offer !

No comments:

Post a Comment