Thursday, July 5, 2012

A 'keeper' recipe . . . . .


I invited the 'The Barefoot Contessa' for dessert yesterday. 
Unfortunately, the invitation was only extended to one of her recipes  -  I was sure Ina would be too busy with her own 4th of July celebrations to make the trek to Mustang, Oklahoma.

What you see below is my first attempt with the recipe for 'Honey Vanilla Pound Cake' -- and, even though I didn't have cake flour and used plain old all-purpose flour -- the cake turned out beautiful.  One of the loaves was 'taste-tested' prior to supper -- and, I will say that this is a 'keeper' of a recipe.  Moist, dense buttery pound cake with just a hint of honey - perfect topped with strawberries and whipped cream.  



And, in my opinion, I think my little loaves looked just like the picture beside the recipe - 
except for  the professional photography and the very expensive loaf pan! 




Note:  Recipe is from 'Barefoot Contess, Back to Basics' -- Mine was a gift from my Son & Daughter-in-Law.  Read all about it here:    *http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/barefoot-contessa-back-to-basics-ina-garten/1102302103?ean=9781400054350&itm=2&usri=ina+garten  

No comments:

Post a Comment